Travelling solo on Vancouver Island? Here are 8 taste experiences not to be missed when you're on your own in Parksville Qualicum Beach!
1. Fruit wine tastings at Mooberry Winery
. Little Qualicum Cheeseworks is at Morningstar Farm too. Enjoy the search for a perfect wine & cheese pair. By the way, their Brie is award-winning!
And while we're on the subject of tastings, sample local craft beer
at 2. Mount Arrowsmith Brewing Company in Parksville
and 3. Love Shack Libations in Qualicum Beach.
The casual, intimate style of these two spots makes for easy conversation with new friends.
4. Relax with tea and delicious desserts at the Camellia Tea Room at Milner Gardens & Woodland. Milner Gardens & Woodland
is a beautiful retreat where a historic estate and wild garden are buffered from the rest of the world by one of the last remaining stands of old growth Coastal Douglas Fir.
5. Pick up fresh fruits & veggies and mouth-watering, homemade baking at the Qualicum Beach Farmers Market.
Open year-round (indoors in the Winter), 8:30 am till noon on Saturdays, you can find this popular market on Veteran's Way in downtown Qualicum Beach.
6. Grab a coffee at Karma Coffee
on the Alberni Highway, just west of Coombs. Be sure to pick up a bag of your favourite beans from this local roaster to enjoy when you get back home.
7. Head to the Black Goose Inn for lunch or dinner.
In the Summer, settle in at a picnic table on one of the Island's most easy-going patios. In Winter, enjoy the wood-burning fireplace and cozy old English pub atmosphere inside. The Steak & Stilton Pie is a must try!
8. Enjoy a meal at one of Parksville's best beachfront restaurants - Pacific Prime at The Beach Club Resort.
Order the steak and they will execute it to your specifications with perfection.
Want more solo travel suggestions for Parksville Qualicum Beach? Click here to check out what our Facebook friends and followers had to say!