If you are interested in living in a vibrant, caring, environmentally-friendly community in Qualicum Beach please join us at our cohousing information meeting on Friday, February 13th from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
- Take part in an interactive discussion about how well your current housing situation is working for you
- Find out about cohousing and the design aspects that foster connection between neighbours
- meet others seeking community and consider sharing and realizing this vision together
"Cohousing neighbourhoods offer environmentally sensitive design with a pedestrian orientation and have documented lower vehicle use than conventional neighbourhoods. The characteristics of cohousing draw many different people, and the celebration of diversity is one of t...he ideals. For some, cohousing provides relief from the loneliness and isolation that is often inherent in conventional developments; for others the appeal lies in the sense of belonging to an active community, or the opportunity to create a model for a new way of living together more sustainably.
It's about living in a way that's responsive to a world that has changed dramatically in the last fifty years - a world in which the home life has changed, women are integral in the labour force, resource limitations and environmental concerns are on the rise, and many people feel over extended. Cohousing a place where people know their neighbours, a place where they can enjoy a rich sense of community and contribute to a more sustainable world." - Cohousing Development Consulting
Ronaye Matthew and Odette Pinho of CDC Cohousing Development Consulting:
* a full service consulting firm providing development management services, specializing in environmentally and socially sustainable projects
* provided start-up, project management, marketing administration and community building services for most of the completed cohousing communities in Canada
* Ms. Matthew is the primary consultant and coordinates the team to provide the services needed to bring a cohousing project to completion
* Ms. Matthew has over 30 years experience in residential development, marketing and construction
* Ms. Matthew is a founding member of the Canadian Cohousing Network and lives at Cranberry Commons Cohousing.
* professor of Social Anthropology at York University in Toronto for 25 years
* author of seven academic books and more than 50 articles
* founding director of the Canadian Senior Cohousing Society
* founding member of Harbourside, a senior cohousing community forming in Sooke, BC.
Qualicum Beach Community Hall
644 Memorial Avenue
Qualicum Beach, BC
Our "GROUP WORKSHOP FOR BUILDING A COHOUSING COMMUNITY" follows this event on Saturday and Sunday, February 14/15. For more information please email email@example.com