Apr 10, 2020
- Golden Shoe HuntApr 17, 2020
- Golden Shoe HuntApr 24, 2020
- Golden Shoe HuntMay 1, 2020
- Golden Shoe HuntMay 8, 2020
- Golden Shoe HuntMay 15, 2020
- Golden Shoe HuntMay 22, 2020
- Tales for the Telling: Landscapes of SilenceJun 7, 2020
- CHRCO Flea Market & Pancake BreakfastJun 14, 2020
- Silver Ring with Bevelled Beachstone WorkshopJun 19, 2020
- Parksville’s 75th Birthday Celebrations
Music on Sunday
Feb 2, 2020
Music on Sunday
Music this Sunday, February 2 is a classical concert with violinist Véronique Mathieu and pianist Stephanie Chua.
The duo will be performing a program of all women composers from the 17th century to the present day.
Described as a violinist with ‘chops to burn, and rock solid musicianship’; (The Whole Note, TORONTO), Canadian violinist Véronique Mathieu enjoys an exciting career as a soloist, chamber musician, and music educator. Highlights of this season include the premiere of Adam Scime’s new violin concerto with Esprit Orchestra, solo appearances with the Saskatoon and Oakville Symphony Orchestras, premieres of works by Barbara Croall and Alice Ping Yee Ho as well as the recording of a third CD with Parma Records.
Stephanie is an expressive and versatile Canadian pianist devoted to presenting and performing contemporary works through musical insight and innovative programming.
As a much sought after collaborative pianist, Stephanie has performed in some of Canada's most important contemporary ensembles including Contact Contemporary Music, Continuum Contemporary Music, Trio Fibonacci, and Toca Loca. Stephanie performs regularly as a duo with violinist, Véronique Mathieu. The duo recently released their debut recording 'True North' on the Centrediscs label.
|Date:||Feb 2, 2020|
|Time:||2:30pm - 4:30pm|
|Address:||122 Fern Road West, Qualicum Beach, BC|
|Location:||The Old School House Arts Centre (TOSH)||