- Things to Do
- Places to Stay
- Food & Drink
- Plan Your Trip
Know Before You Go
BC has entered Step 3 of its Restart Plan and is thrilled to welcome visitors from across Canada for safe and responsible travel in our province.More Info
Yes, relaxation is a pretty big deal when it comes to Parksville Qualicum Beach family vacations.
But sometimes, you want to get out and get moving! Here are 10 great ways to do that.
1. Ride horseback at Paradise Acres Ranch in Nanoose Bay. A trail ride is a rejuvenating way to enjoy this area's natural beauty!
2. Walk from Parksville to Coombs on the Rail Trail. Except for the first 200 m of trail in Parksville's Springwood Park, this 7 km trail is fully accessible.
3. Swim at Cameron Lake. Locals can't keep this pretty spot a secret! Keep an eye out for Cammie, the Cameron Lake "monster".
4. Hike at the Upper and Lower Englishman River Falls. Visit in the off-season for the best "mist"-ifying waterfall experience at the lower falls. The water there only cascades over a large boulder blocking the falls when water levels are at their highest.
5. Cycle the Lighthouse Country Regional Trail. All but the smallest, narrowest tires will roll with relative ease on this fully accessible trail.
6. Beachcomb at Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park. At low tide, the expanse of sandy beach stretches over a kilometre from the shore to the water!
7. Go caving at Horne Lake Caves Provincial Park. Not only has this place been recognized as the "Best Natural Outdoor Site in BC", it was also the first ever to be awarded Destination BC's "Remarkable Experiences" award.
8. Fish on the Little Qualicum River. Angle for trout and salmon in this fisherman's favourite featuring both slow moving wide shallows as well as deep pools.
9. Stand-up paddleboard in Qualicum Beach. Rentals are available at the beach hut. Watch for curious seals popping up nearby!
10. Kayak the Winchelsea Ballenas Archipelago with Adventuress Sea Kayaking. The 4-5 km distance from the shores of Nanoose Bay to this island group can be paddled in less than an hour.
No matter what outdoor activity you are planning, be prepared. Follow the three Ts—trip planning, training, and taking the essentials. AdventureSmart is a great resource to help you get informed before heading outdoors.Learn More
About the Author