- Things to Do
- Places to Stay
- Food & Drink
- Plan Your Trip
- Book Now
Know Before You Go
Canada welcomes back fully vaccinated foreign nationals to enter Canada for non-essential purposes, including tourism, as long as they meet entry conditions. Effective September 13, people aged 12 and over will be required to show proof of vaccination to get into many events and businesses in BC.More Info
Here are 5 things you might not have known about Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park in Parksville.
1. How low does it go? At low tide, the ocean recedes almost 1 km, leaving a wide sandy beach ideal for exploration.
2. In the Spring, Rathtrevor is one of the best spots on Vancouver Island to view the migrating Brant Geese. During the Brant season (February 15 - April 30), no pets are allowed within 100m of the beach.
“ Rathtrevor takes its name from the Irish family headed by William Rath who homesteaded on the land in the late 1800s. ”
3. The Rathtrevor Beach Nature House can be found near the campground gate. The Nature House offers educational programs, on-site naturalists to answer your questions, local flora/fauna displays, and a gift shop.
4. Little Qualicum Cheeseworks at Morningstar Farm in Parksville makes a Rathtrevor Cheese, named after the very popular park and beach. It's a long-aged fine table cheese that pairs well with fruits and nuts.
5. Rathtrevor takes its name from the Irish family headed by William Rath who homesteaded on the land in the late 1800s.
About the Author